Hi Denice.

I actually purchased the Smart cover together with the ipad Mini but have since moved onto a case that encloses the entire Mini while still giving you the Smart Cover functionality. I'm very happy with this case which I purchased from Amazon for about $11 or so. It is very low profile and light weight so it adds almost nothing to the size of the Mini.

I don't have the link any longer for this case but just go to Amazon and search for Poetic slimline ipad mini case and I'm sure it will come up for you.

Best,

Rick alfaro