Ricardo,

I have the Poetic case, the one without the keyboard and the smart cover function works perfectly. I was kind of sorry to hear that this function wasn't working properly with yours as I was really considering purchasing this model with the BT keyboard. Have you contacted Poetic to see if it's a known issue? Perhaps they've corrected it and would replace the one you currently have.

Best,

Rick alfaro