If it is just reading .txt, .pdf, .doc, or .docx, I just email the file to
myself and open the email in the mail app. The file reader in the mail app
works quite well.

If I need to edit the file, I then export it to Pages by Apple, Documents 2 by
Savvy Soda, or EverNote. Pages is the only accessible app which can edit .doc
or .docx files. NoteMaster sort of edits .docx files, but it actually works
with text files and then wraps them in .docx coding. Unfortunately, you cannot
do much formatting with NoteMaster.

IBooks also opens .pdf files and is accessible.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone