I think you may be referring to the tactile screen protectors from
speeddots.com. They neither defeat the purpose of a touch screen nor are
intended as just introductory teaching aids. I have one of their tactile
screen protectors on my iPhone 4S. They are quite subtle and don't get
in the way of operating the touch screen at all. I can also pick up
another iPhone without a tactile screen protector and use it just fine.
I find that it does help me at times orient myself to the screen,
especially when I'm using my iPhone in a non-standard way, like with
just one hand. For example, it lets me know if my swipes are horizontal
or not.

On 20/01/13 12:29, Alan Paganelli wrote:
> If I remember right, A T guys has over lays for the iPhone which is
> intended to assist people with getting around the touch screen.  It
> seems to me though that it kind of defects the purpose of having a touch
> screen.  Maybe it's just meant as a teaching aid until you can get along
> with out it.  For me though, it would be more like a crutch then an aid.
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Baracco" <w...@socal.rr.com>

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail