From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Tom Lange
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:08 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Lost VoiceOver After Reset

Hi,

After reading a recent post to the list last night I was trying to play the
Escape The House game on my iPhone 4 running IOS 6.01 and I kept getting
kicked out of the app.  This continued even after clearing the app switcher,
so, says I, time for a reset, which I did by holding down the sleep/wake
button and home key at the same time for a few seconds.  When the phone came
back up, VoiceOver was not running and wouldn't start even after
triple-clicking the home key. I have some questions.

First, is this VoiceOver loss situation common among all models of the
iPhone running IOS 6.01, or is it relatively rare and hard to reproduce?

Second, if it's fairly common, is Apple planning to do something about it?

Third, instead of doing the reset that I just described, would simply
powering down the phone and restarting it have been a better idea?

Lastly, I'd really like to check out the Escape the House game and wonder if
I should uninstall and reinstall it to resolve the issue of being
unceremoniously dumped out of the app when trying to get past the first
screen.

Thanks in advance.

Tom