Hi,
Yeah, I hear where you're coming from, Reggie, but on the other hand, playing devil's advocate for a second, I think I understand why they don't want us doing that, although their response to you should not have been rude or condescending in any way. To me, the verbiage in the iPhone 4 manual itself seems a bit confusing on this point. Perhaps a little more technical detail on the implications of these procedures would have been in order here. Here's what it says:

Begin quote.

Restarting and Resetting iPhone

If something isn't working right, try restarting iPhone, force quitting an app, or resetting iPhone.

Restart iPhone: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the red slider appears. Slide your finger across the slider to turn off iPhone. To turn iPhone back on, press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button until the Apple logo appears.

If you can't turn off iPhone or if the problem continues, you may need to reset iPhone. A reset should be done only if turning iPhone off and on doesn't resolve the problem.

Force quit an app: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until a red slider appears, then press and hold the Home button until the app quits.

On iPhone 3GS or later, you can also remove an app from the recents list to force it to quit. See "Opening and Switching Apps" on page 28.

Reset iPhone: Press and hold the On/Off Sleep/Wake button and the Home button at the same time for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

For more troubleshooting suggestions, see Appendix A, "Support and Other Information," on page 242.

         End quote.

If I read the above correctly, it sounds like what they call a reset is in fact a hard reset which could and perhaps should reset VoiceOver, although that seems drastic to me; it shouldn't disable Triple-Click Home in my view.

Any thoughts on this?

Tom

----- Original Message ----- From: "Regina Alvarado" <reggie.alvar...@gmail.com>