I don't care to enter into this debate, but I will correct one point,
you can get Android 4.1 phones with screen access built in. There's no
need to download anything. You just enable the screen reader in a manner
very similar to how you turn on VO on an iPhone. I'll let others discuss
whether Talk Back stacks up to VoiceOver or not and whether Android
phones measure up to the iPhone. For my part, each person needs to
determine what phone and what screen reader meets there needs.

Christopher (CJ)
chaltain at Gmail