From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Tom Lange
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:42 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Installing an app on an iDevice

Hi Lauren,
I dpurchase all of my apps using the App Store on my iPhone. I've never ever
used iTunes to purchase or install an app on my iPhone and absolutely refuse
to use iTunes for those purposes; it just hasn't been necessary, at least in
my experience.  While in the App Store on my iPhone, after locating an app
that I want to purchase, I typically start at the place in the top left
portion of the screen where the app's name is displayed, then do a
single-finger flick right until I find the app's price and double-tap on it.

That button will then change to a button labeled Install.  Double-tapping
the Install button will start the installation process.
I may get prompted for my Apple ID and password; often the Apple ID is
already filled in for me. If so, the password field will be editable and I
fill it in using the onscreen keyboard or my attached bluetooth keyboard.
Right above the onscreen keyboard ar OK and Cancel buttons.  Double-tap OK
and installation will begin.  If installation is apt to take a while, as in
the case of large apps, I'll tap the Home button and will be placed on the
screen where the newly-installed app is going to be located. I flick my way
around the screen until I find it, and when I do, I can then hear VoiceOver
tell me how installation is progressing, in much the way that a Windows
screen reader such as JAWS or Window-Eyes will read a progress bar.  When
installation is complete, I'll hear VoiceOver say the app's name followed by
the word New, and the app is ready to load.

I hope this helps.  Like I said, make it easy on yourself, do yourself a
favor and do all your app purchases on the device itself rather than messing
around with iTunes.

Tom