Using List Recorder in speaker mode I am able to record phone conversations.  I
have used this to more easily get directions and phone numbers and such
recorded.  To do this it is necessary to be first on the phone call then open
list recorder and start a recording when in speaker phone mode.

List Recorder is designed from the ground up to work with Voice Over.  It is
available in a full version for $7.99 or in a light version for .99.  The light
version is then upgradeable for $7.99.

This is a app I rely on more then almost any other.  It is a excellent
recorder, a note taker, and allows for easy organization of contents.  It works
with Drop box, email, and iTunes file sharing.  It also now lets you append and
pre-pend to existing recordings.  The newest version also allows recording to
continue when you demonstrate a app making it useful for recording podcasts of
iOS app demonstrations

.
Eric Caron