I have no idea if this is true or not as I haven't tried it but maybe it will work. I was told you can fashion a stand out of a wire coat hanger and use it to hold your iPhone at about 21 inches high. The only tools you need are a pare of wire cutters and a pare of pliers to bend the coat hanger. You want to make the stand so that it looks like a block letter C. The document to be scanned lays on a table top with one of the short legs beneath the document and the iPhone laying on the other short end. The long peace is the part that's 21 inches high. Like I said, I haven't tried this myself but the very least it can do is to provide stability. I'd be interested in hearing about it should you decide to give it a shot. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Andy Baracco" <w...@socal.rr.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, January 27, 2013 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: Text Detective App

This discussion comes up from time to time, and there are many variables. There were similar discussions on the KNFB reader list. lighting is important because you are not using a scanner that has its own light source. Distance between the camera and the reading material is important, along with making sure that the camera is not tilted in relationship to the reading material.

Andy

-----Original Message----- From: Kawal Gucukoglu