Thanks for the suggestion but the process described below closes the app when it is open and places one on the home page, but the app will still show on the app list.

LS

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joshua Klander" <joshklan...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2013 8:11 PM
Subject: re: Alt F4 on iOS

Hello. "Hidden" is definitely the best word to describe this command. Not many people know about it. IOs provides a way to force quit applications. This is normally used if an app is non-responsive, but I have used it a few times when I've been too lazy to go into the app switcher. (lol) To force quit an app, do the following: 1. In the app you want to force quit, hold down the power button until VoiceOver says "Slid to power off." 2. Release the power button, and hold down the home button. In a few seconds, you will be returned to the home scree, and the app will be closed.
hth
Josh