Home Page: http://raulgallegos.com
Twitter: https://twitter.com/rau47
Facebook: http://facebook.com/rau47

On 2/4/2013 7:50 PM, Alan Lemly wrote:
Nick, thanks so much for your comments. This is just the sort of advice
I was looking for. I tend to use my devices until they drop so I expect
I'll go with the iPhone 5 and get at least 32GB if not the 64GB
capacity. I've bought too much computer equipment over the years where I
skimped on the hardware on the front end and lived to regret it so I'm
not going to do that again.

Thanks to all who posted on this thread.

Alan

-----Original Message-----
*From:* viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] *On
Behalf Of *Nicholas Abrahamson
*Sent:* Monday, February 04, 2013 5:41 PM
*To:* viphone@googlegroups.com
*Subject:* Re: New Member Intro andHelp Needed Choosing iPhone Model

Hi Allen

I'd honestly go with the iPhone 5 because it has both a slightly bigger
screen and better resolution.  This is going to be important if you're
using zoom, apple's built in equivalent  of zoom text,  on the iPhone to
see it.  The other advantage the 5 has is that it has more ram then say
the 4 or 4S.  This will help when running certain apps because they will
run a bit more smoothly for you.  Memory is eaten up mostly by say
music, pictures and videos.  If you're not sure how much you may want of
those picking something like a 64 gb might be a bit much if only because
the price sounds intimidating to some people first starting out.  I
don't know if I'm already giving you stuff you know or not here but
apple usually upgrades iPhones iPods and such in september for release
in October.  A lot of people just starting out will pick a smaller model
of the phone, and then upgrade again in october after they've had time
to learn a bit more about there iPhone and the types of things they will
and won't use.  If this is something you think you would want to do,
then picking the smallest model would be the best way to go if only
because you won't have put a ton of money in to something you're
upgrading in a few months anyway.  If though, you don't care to upgrade
your iPhone in october and you're happy using it for the next 2 years,
then picking a model that's bigger would be the way to go.  Hope this helps.

Peace,

Nick

On Feb 4, 2013, at 5:10 PM, Alex Stone <alexstone...@btinternet.com