These solutions work best when they have their own light source, as then the lighting is controlled. I have a dedicated color detector, and I recall once when it said that a garment was navy blue, and my wife insisted it was black. She took it into a brightly lit room, and determined that it was indeed dark blue.

Andy

-----Original Message----- From: Sherrie
Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2013 4:13 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Accessible Color identifier

I downloaded one called Color ID which is free but it seems the colors
change as I move the phone.  After reading the descriptions of Color Visor
($4.99) and Colored Eye ($.99) I don't know that it is any worse than the
paid apps as changing colors seems to be a problem due to lighting.  It
would seem to me that the color apps would make the flash turn on like a
flashlight app does so the lighting would be dependable.  If that were the
case I would pay the money.  But I have been burned buying apps that someone
or other recommended only to find that they don't work for me at least. I
really like it when an app lets you try it for free so you can determine if
it works for you before putting out the money.

Sherrie

-----Original Message----- From: Scott Edwards