Yep, I have an unlocked phone and I've tried on 3G, LTE and WIFI in
two countries. I've replaced my router, I've replaced my phone, I've
tried countless streams and countless WIFI networks and the problem
still persists. It's a puzzle, all right.

My iPhone wasn't replaced for at least a couple weeks, but I suppose
it could have been from the same, troublesome, "batch" of phones. If
there are no diagnostic steps that the engineers recommend, I'll
request another repair.

The strange thing is that I know a few people with iPhone 5s and they
mostly complain about the same problems. There's only a lucky few that
I've encountered who have no streaming problems at all. So I would
have chalked this up to an iPhone 5 defect, and yet there are people
who can happily stream all day  long.

Cheers.

Grant