Hi Troy,

I don't necessarily have answers to all your questions, but I can answer a
few things:

If Voiceover says "Heading not found" this means you turned the rotor to
headings maybe on a web page since you have to be somewhere where headings
are available for navigation. Then If you are somewhere else where there are
no headings and you do a single finger flick up or down which normally
navigates by whatever unit you set the rotor to, e.g. Characters, Words or
Lines, it would say heading not found.

As far as weather apps, there are dozens and I suggest that you also check
the Applevis website for reviews.

Regarding your question about the open button showing for apps you already
have installed on the app store, that is normal behavior. If you go to the
search tab and type in "Police Scanner" in order to look for other police
scanner apps, there is a so-called picker control at the bottom of the
screen which allows you to flick up and select any of the search results it
finds. After you type in your search term and double tap "Search", wait a
moment for the search results to load, then I find it easiest to touch the
bottom left of the screen and find the "Featured" tab, from there do a
1-finger flick left and you end up on the control with all the search
results.

For example, if I type in "police scanner", and do what I just described,
Voiceover says the following:

Police Scanner and Radio, 1 of 101, adjustable

I can then flick up, if I do so once Voiceover says:

Canadian Police Scanner Radio, Free, 2 of 101

Once you find an app you want to check out in more detail, touch towards the
top of the screen, I usually find the search field and then flick right past
the "Clear Text" button to where the name of the app you are on is read as a
heading. Double tap on that and the app details page will open.

There will be a "Search, back" button at the top left of the screen, double
tap on it and you are back on the main search page with the picker control
at the bottom where you can flick up to go to more apps and so on.

It is also useful to know that once you open up the details page of an app,
you can turn the rotor to "headings" and then use a single finger flick down
to find the app description, What's New and so on. Once you are at the
heading you want, e.g. What's New", just flick right to read the
information.

Hope this helps,

Sieghard