Hi Richard,

Thanks for checking on TextGrabber and reporting back.  You're correct
that you don't have to change the language setting for TextGrabber
before each use, but you should set it up before first use.

I don't have any particular reason for promoting TextGrabber over
Prizmo, since I have both apps.  I also don't have a StandScan Pro
yet.  My hypothesis that TextGrabber might work better in this setting
is based on tests that I've done with various OCR apps on screen
capture images.  These take the question of alignment out of the
picture.  If text that is printed on a page or scanned is not aligned
with the edges of the page, then Prizmo will do a better job. However,
if you are within the alignment tolerances of TextGrabber, it will do
a better job and work faster.

As both you and Sandy have said, it's good to have options. The other
thing is that I do read/speak languages that Prizmo doesn't support,
but which are options for TextGrabber, so I'll use both.

Also, as a side note to Sandy, who asked about the translation option,
in addition to using Google translation, which is also an option for
Prizmo, and which requires an internet connection to work, TextGrabber
can do local word-by-word translation using the Lingvo dictionaries
that are another ABBYY product.  I would wait until this app is
discounted to $0.99, which is when I bought it. (Right now it's up at
$5.99, but it was $4.99 a few days earlier) Basically this is a set of
dictionary languages that can be used either separately or together
with the translation part of TextGrabber.  The basic app comes with a
set of  10 dictionaries for English that work to translate between
English and German, French, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and Portugese;
along with German, Spanish, Chinese, and Italian to English.

You can buy additional dictionary packs for other languages or
specialized subjects like Business Management, Law, or Medical usage,
via in-app purchases.  I haven't really played with this, but this is
set up by buying the ABBYY Lingvo Dictionary app, and then turning on
the switch for "Dictionary" under the "Linked App" heading of the
Settings menu. You can read more about the TextGrabber feature options
from the app's support pages at:
http://www.abbyy.com/textgrabber_ios/features/

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther