Hi.
Typing on the iPad is a good deal easier than on the smaller devices,
at least in my experience. Also, there is an argument to be made that
the iPad is easier for teachers to work with when teaching some
concept or other than the smaller screen of the iPhone. Other than
that, for the totally blind user, I see no significant advantage. I
also think there are disadvantages, the iPad is larger, a bit more of
a battery hog, etc. I had to make a choice between the iPad, iPad
mini, and iPod, and chose the latter for size and battery reasons.
With a 3G router, it doesn't matter whether the unit has access to the
cellular network or not, in my view.
Aman