From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Sieghard Weitzel
Sent: Thursday, March 28, 2013 11:02 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Voiceover announces call duration, was: iPhone 4 keeps constantly
switching to and from speaker phone

Hi Raul,

I am one of these people who has a 4S which keeps announcing the call
duration all the time. I will try this recommendation to take the phone away
from my ear and to touch the end button, but what seems to happen with my 4S
is that even if I move focus away from the call duration, after a while
Voiceover says "Screen Locked" and then within 30 or so seconds after that
Voiceover continues to read out the call duration every 20 seconds. There is
of course also the issue everybody has that Voiceover will read out incoming
push notifications, text messages or anything else you have set to read in
the lock screen and I just feel Apple should make Voiceover shut up
altogether when a call is in progress. After all, if I hear something has
happened, e.g. a text message or email came in or a push notification, I can
always take the phone while I am on the call and manually review it if I
feel I need to know immediately.

I am also getting a replacement 4S in a couple of days and it will be
interesting to know if I am going to have the same problem and whether I am
going to be once again able to balance Voiceover volume and call volume so I
can use the keypad properly when a call is on speakerphone. Right now I am
simply not able to make Voiceover loud enough to hear it reliably in this
situation even if I turn Voiceover up all the way to 100% by using volume on
the rotor and as soon as I try to turn down the call volume with the volume
buttons Voiceover also goes down.

I am getting a replacement phone because in the last few weeks I was
suddenly unable to scan a single barcode with Digit Eyes. I finally asked
one of my employees to try it and he said the image on the screen was all
blurry and the camera didn't focus. He tried to just use the stock camera
app and especially when I tried to take a picture of something close up
Voiceover would say Auto Focus as it does, but visually the camera wouldn't
focus. I did a full factory reset setting the phone up as a new device and
even with nothing else installed the problem persisted, I called Apple and
since I fortunately decided to buy Apple Care and my phone still has
warranty until November they immediately said they would send out a
replacement. I am supposed to get it by Monday. It's the usual good Apple
service and it's nice to get a new phone after almost a year and a half,
yes, I know it maybe a refurbished phone, but I was actually told that it
"could" be a refurbished phone but is not necessarily one and even if it is,
I was assured that it would, for example, have a brandnew battery which is
of considerable value.

I called Applewith the voluduring a c

shortly after that thtouch