From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Steve Matzura
Sent: Sunday, April 07, 2013 11:35 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Jumping in with using a Mac

I highly recommend Earle Harrison's "Mac Academy Workshop" book, which you
can get in braille or on CD as an HTML document. Well worth the money.

On Sat, 6 Apr 2013 18:13:08 -0500, you wrote:

>Hello. I hope this day finds you well. Starting on Monday, April 8 I
>will join the MacWorld. I figure I have been an iOS user for about three
years so now it is time to start using a Mac. My first machine is a MacBook
Pro 13 inch with 250 gig hard drive. I believe it is a mid or late 2010
model. I cannot remember exactly what it is, however it does run Mountain
lion and it will give me a chance to get my feet wet without spending two or
$3000 upfront. It looks like I have some guides to read, however I do not
suspect it will be all that difficult. I like learning new things and like
the challenge of new operating systems. I know DOS, Linux, and windows very
well. So I suspect learning the Mac operating system will not be too
terrible. I already know about some of the things to watch out for. For
example I should not think of Mac OS like windows. Instead I will think of
Mac OS like Mac OS. I believe that thinking of an operating system in terms
of its own ways and itself will be the best way. This message has nothing
useful really in it other than me bragging.

>Take care all.
>
>---
>Sent from Raul's iPhone - (832) 554-7285. Please excuse any dictation or
auto complete errors.