It is a four finger tap, not a four finger double tap. Also, only three of the
four fingers need to be in the top or bottom half of the screen. Finally, in
almost all cases, one's fingers do not need to be aligned. They just need to
have sufficient space between them.

To experiment and practice, go to settings, general, accessibility, VoiceOver,
practice area. Try different spacing of your fingers, different ways of lining
up your fingers, different speeds of movement, and try working with very light
pressure. VO will announce the command you are giving it, so you can develop
your capabilities.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288