I am very surprised that this thread is still continued to be on.
Very funny.  I am just going to say that everyone is different and the
purpose of this list is to help, not to put anyone down by saying that
you asked a stupid question, or go and find yourself or go to applevis
or read the descriptions!!!!!!  I mean, I do agree that trying to find
stuff yourself is beneficial, but when you just can't get it, doesn't
mean you're lazy.  You should know what lazy is, first of all, lazy is
when someone doesn't want to do something purposely.  OK?  So, if a
person has multiple disability and they can't be able to accomplish
some taskss, there,ore, they need help, that doesn't say they are
lzzy!!!  I am not going to say anymore on this except that you should
treat other people how you would like to be treated in the same
situation.  As I said, I am very surprised that this is allowed to go
on.  Thank you.

On 4/12/13, Kellie and my lab pack <pebbles...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have been debating whether I want to jump in this topic. Personally, I
> feel that this is off topic but since the mods have Ok’d it I guess I can
> give an opinion.
>
> Having taught technology to people who are blind or visually impaired in the
>
> past, I know that you cannot assume that everyone has the same capabilities
>
> and skills as you. I have taught things to individuals, have them come in
> the next day and we were right back where we started. It is at that point
> that you have to step back and think outside the box and change the
> approach. Does it mean that the individual I was working with was lazy? I
> don't think so. They were trying their hardest to understand.
>
> I think it is presumptuous to deem a person lazy because they ask a question
>
> that you feel is stupid or can be obtained on their own. Who determines what
>
> information can be researched on their own verses what should be asked on a
>
> list. On a technicality, probably every single question that is asked here
> can be found on a web site somewhere and if that’s the case why does this
> list exist at all?
>
> I have done my share of research, and yet I still will ask questions on a
> list. For instance, I am in the market for a new laptop and considering a
> Mac. I have read articles, looked on both applevis and maccessibility and
> yet I still joined the list to ask questions. Because sometimes it is nice
> to have an actual human respond.
>
> Another thing to consider is that you don't know the person or where they
> are coming from. We all have areas where we excel and areas where we are
> weak. Additionally, you have no idea if there are any cognitive challenges
> that an individual has which makes processing certain tasks very difficult.
>
> I have a friend who uses the computer and has even taken classes; however,
> he is really incapable doing much beyond email. The internet is beyond him.
>
> It isn't for lack of trying though. He just doesn't get it. The fact that he
>
> can email was an accomplishment. He is not a stupid man either. It is just
> that technology is not his strength.
>
> My father used a computer but really didn't know what he was doing. He was
> forever calling me for help. I would explain how he could do it but the next
>
> time it happened I would get a call again. He just couldn't retain the
> information.
>
> I am not saying that you can't assist and offer guidance as well as explain
>
> how a person can do things for themselves or research. Helping a person be
> self sufficient is great. However, I believe that this can be and should be
>
> done respectfully without being condescending and without sarcasm.
>
> I have written an iPhone basics tutorial that I have shared with friends to
>
> help them when they first get an iPhone. I have been told that it has been
> very beneficial and allowing them to be successful at using their iPhones
> [...]

Important quotes that people need to read and understand:
“JUST BECAUSE A MAN LACKS THE USE OF HIS EYES DOESN’T MEAN HE LACKS
VISION!!" By STEVIE WONDER

"Just BECAUSE YOU CAN'T SEE DOESN't MEAN YOU CAN'T HEAR AND THINK!!"
By STEVIE WONDER

Nimit

More ways to contact me:
kaur.ni...@gmail.com
kaur.ni...@hotmail.com

Have a nice day, night, evening depending on where you are in the
world!  Thank you for reading my email.