Hi Richard, Christopher and others,

Downloading iTunes from Apple has not changed and is fully accessible. What
confused Richard Patty is the fact that there is no clearly labeled download
button or link, but as I said, this has always been the case or at least it
has been the case ever since FS Cast Episode 49 from December 2010 where
Jonathan talks about iTunes 10 with Jaws 12 and where one of the first
things he explains is how to download iTunes.

First of all, it is always a good idea to download iTunes from the computer
where you want to install it. The download site uses auto detection to find
out which OS you are using, e.g. Windows 7 32 Bit or Windows 7 64 Bit. If
you download on a 32 Bit computer and then use that installer on a 64 Bit
machine it will of course work, but you will be installing a 32 Bit version.
If you download with a 64 Bit machine and then try to use that installer on
a 32 Bit machine you will get a message that the version is not compatible
with your OS.

Anyhow, after selecting whether you want Apple to send you their junk emails
about iTunes and after selecting the radio button for your country (in many
cases this should also be checked correctly), look for the following:

Why do we need this?
This is a link which if you click it, displays the following information:
Providing your location helps us understand more about our customers and
ensures that email communication from us appears in your language and
includes information that's relevant to where you live.

Right below is a "clickable" control which will start the download or, to be
more precise, bring up the information bar if you use Internet Explorer
asking you whether you want to "Run" or "Save" the file. If you use Jaws,
use Alt+N and since it's a large file, I suggest you select Save, then go to
your downloads folder and run it from there. Below I have written down
exactly what the link sounds like with Jaws on my laptop:

Graphic en_US/iTunes_EnUS_dwdl_09022008 clickable

I know it probably wouldn't be that difficult for Apple to label this
"Download Now clickable" or "Continue clickable", but I have come across
many websites where the download link/button was a long string of
letters/numbers/words.