Mario,

Thanks, someone else also pointed this out and its good info to have. I'm glad reinstalling isn't really necessary.

Best,

Rick alfaro

On 5/8/2013 2:09 PM, Mario Barbuto wrote:
       Hi Rick,

it is enough to set the brightness to a value less than 100 to produce
the effects you described: the left and right flick gestures do not work
anymore.
Anyway, you could continue to use the various menu options moving your
finger around the screen directly on the menu choices and tap them.
To get back the menu to normal, I mean, to turn the left/right single
finger flicks working as usual, just set the Kindle app brightness value
to 100 again.
This way, in my experience, the app reinstall process is not needed.

Mario.