Hi Eileen ,
I prefer iBooks, Kindle, and Nook books over Bookshare because they
automatically sync bookmarks, and the place I left off  over my
various devices.
I can start a book on my iPad mini, read it on the bus on my iPhone,
or out on the patio on my old iPhone 3Gs. The Kindle whisper network
does this very well, as does iBooks. I haven't had as good results
with the Nook app when it comes to syncing.

And I also like to support the copyright holder.
Chuck