Hi, Since my particular usage is strictly for pleasure reading, I don't use some of the Kindle features like annotations and dictionary look up. Having said that, there are 2 differences in my view. 1. Although BookShare has a lot of books, Amazon has way more. If I can find the book on Bookshare, I would naturally take the free download. If the book isn't on BookShare and I really want it and can find it on Amazon, I buy it.

2. the other advantage being really picky, is that Amazon books are always true digital copies whereas in many cases, the books on bookShare are scanned copies, not that they are poor quality but not true digital copies found on amazon.

Regardless, BookShare is an awesome service and I'm happy to also have it as an option.

Best,

Rick alfaro