From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Lauren Simmons
Sent: Thursday, May 16, 2013 8:22 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Muffled speaker from suspected water damage.

So you're claiming that water "never" evaporates--it must use rice?
Also, what is the mechanism responsible for your claim of "drawing out
moisture?"
...And heat plays no role in evaporation? All news to me.

I have a strong feeling this rice thing is one of those memes so ingrained
into people's minds that they will never let it go. If anything it might be
just a tad more effective than air drying, but since air drying doesn't make
people feel like they have some sort of scientific insight, people will
continue perpetuating what might be a myth.

LS