Hi Sandy,

To add other language voices in Voice Dream Reader, double tap the
"Settings" button at the bottom of the home screen for Voice Dream
Reader (where just above the Home button you'll find "Add", "Refresh",
and "Settings"). On the "Settings" screen flick to "Add Voices" and
double tap. On the "Language" screen, below the top entry for
"English", you'll find a list of alphabetically ordered languages.
Double tap the entry for "Italian" and flick to the "Play" button
beside each listed voice to listen to a sample of that voice. To
purchase that voice, flick to the next button listing the price (e.g.
"$1.99" for U.S. users) and double tap.  The voices are fairly large
files and will take a little while to download. Exit the "Add Voices"
screen of Italian voices by double tapping the "Done" button if you
want to return to the Voice Dream Reader home screen.  Otherwise, use
the button in the top left corner to move back up through each of your
previously navigated screens.

When I use Prizmo version 2, I use the "Export" button and then select
"Open in" to send the output to "Voice Dream" as either a text or PDF
document.  By the way, although this is a reply to another of your
posts about using Prizmo to OCR text on colored backgrounds, I'll
describe what I do to get the turn-by-turn directions listed from a
screen capture taken for Navigon, where the text is white against a
dark background.

1. I take a screen shot of the turn by turn list in Navigon Mobile
Navigator. Usually, I'll have to scroll down and take multiple screen
shots (by simultaneously pressing the Home button at the bottom center
and the Sleep/Wake button at the right along the top edge if the
iPhone) to cover the route by sending output to my camera roll.
2. In Prizmo, Double tap the "Create new document" button at the
bottom of the main Prizmo screen.
3. Double tap "Text"
4. Double tap "Photo Album" (or "Last Taken Picture" if there's only
one screen shot)
5. Double tap "Camera Roll"
6. Four finger tap on the bottom half of the screen to move to the
last element, or touch just above the Home button to hear the number
of photos.
7. Flick left to the first screen shot of the route (e.g., if you took
two screenshots, flick left twice) and double tap.
8. Double tap on the document to start processing
8A. Before you apply the "Recognize" button, flick through the buttons
at the bottom of the screen to "Readability" and double tap.
8B. At the bottom of the screen, flick to change the "Text" button
setting from the default value of "Black" to "White" by double tapping
on the "White" button.  There's also a slider below the two color
settings that you can play with for other colored backgrounds, but I
just leave this at the default 50% setting for the Navigon white text
on dark background screenshots.
8C. Double tap the "Apply" button in the top right corner to start the
OCR.
That's it. I can double tap in the document to make a few editing
changes, since in a few instances I get "ml" inserted at the end if
the lines for direction, but I can double tap "Done".  If I want to
add a second screenshot I double tap the "Add new page" button and
repeat steps 4 to 8 before exporting my document.  The key steps are
using the "Readability" button at the bottom of the screen and then
selecting "White" text before starting the OCR process by double
tapping the "Apply" button in the top right corner instead of the
"Recognize" button in the same location.

By the way, all of the translation options in these OCR apps like
Prizmo and TextGrabber + Translator seem to use Google Translate, or
some variant. That means a machine translation code that is not very
good. Sometimes you can improve the original OCR action of the
TextGrabber results if you use the "Search with Google" option after
double tapping the "Menu" button on the page of OCR results in
TextGrabber, but that only works if this is a famouse book or
passage.  For example, when I was using my iPhone 4 with TextGrabber a
year ago, and I ran the OCR on a section that was chock full of place
names in Marcel Pagnol's autobiographical book "La gloire de mon
père" ("My Father's Glory"), using the Google search option brought up
the relevant sections with correct spellings.

There are very few translation apps that run other engines, and
machine translation facilities are still limited in what they can do.
And by the way, I also tend to ignore the Prizmo centering advice when
I freehand use the app for OCR. On the other hand, many others are
going to find this helpful.  Learning placement with the Light
Detector app is actually more challenging with the iPhone 5 than it
was with the iPhone 4, both because the more recent versions of the
Light Detector app allow more gradations intone, and because of the
better iPhone 5 camera.  When I started with the iPhone 4, it was
really obvious from the sound when you moved away from the optimal
position for taking a picture of a page to OCR.

HTH.  Cheers,

Esther