  From: Sieghard Weitzel
  To: viphone@googlegroups.com
  Sent: Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:53 AM
  Subject: RE: iTunes with mmusic on a hard drive

  Hi Tom,

  Just as one further test, do you have any music that is stored locally on the
hard drive of your laptop rather than the external drive? If not, maybe try to
copy an album or even just a few songs to your hard drive and play them from
there, you can do so by putting them into your My Music folder, then just press
enter on them and if iTunes is your default player they should start to play.
If you get choppy playback then maybe it's the cable from your computer to the
stereo.