There is an iPod Touch 4th generation and there is an iPod Touch 5th generation. They differ in size and sound quality. I have both of the iPod Touch 4th and 5th generations and I prefer to use the iPod 5th. The sound on the 4th generation is much lower and much tinnier sounding. If using headphones, the 4th generation is great, but listening to it simply through the speaker, in my opinion, the sound is horrible. I would highly recommend the 5th generation.

-----Original Message----- From: Keith
Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 6:01 AM
To: apple app list
Subject: a bit confused re: I pod touch on apple store

Hi, just went to the apple store online and was checking out the I-pod
touch.  People have suggested between the Ipod touch 4 and 5 gen but there
is no differentiation between the two.  There is only the Ipod Touch with
different memory capacities.

Is there such thing as an I pod 4th gen and 5th gen, or is that simply the
phones?

Thanks

Keith