Hello, everyone.

This morning, I decided to do a little comparing of the American
Samantha high-quality voice and the compact voice.  I read an article
from _The New York Times_, first using one voice and then the other.
To no one's surprise, I'm sure, I noted that the volume of the
high-quality voiced is higher and that consonants such as "S" and "T"
are pronounced much more clearly than they are by the compact voice.
What surprised me, however, was that overall, I understood more words
when using the compact voice than I did with the high-quality voice.
When the high-quality voice spoke the word "exuberantly" and the words
"vivid imagery," I couldn't understand them.  I understood "vivid
imagery" as "a bit of imagery."  These words were immediately
understandable during the first pass of reading the article with the
compact voice.  I'm curious to know what other people's experience is
with using these voices.  It doesn't matter to me which voice you
prefer.  I'm interested to learn which voice you feel yields a higher
rate of word recognition.

Thanks very much for all help.

Craig