The default for a Gmail account in the native iPhone mail client is IMAP. It's been this way since at least IOS 5. Here's just one web page which mentions this: http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/97300

On 06/11/2013 07:39 PM, Joseph Hudson wrote:
No that's pop.

Joseph Hudson
Email
jhud7...@yahoo.com <mailto:jhud7...@yahoo.com> Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 11, 2013, at 7:36 PM, Chuck Dean <chuckd...@icloud.com
<mailto:chuckd...@icloud.com>> wrote:

I am not sure... I am using whatever the iPhone automatically uses
when I first got it and selected gmail from the list during email setup.

Chuck (mobile)
Pleez x cuze any tie ping or spelin airors.

On Jun 11, 2013, at 5:32 PM, Joseph Hudson <jhud7...@gmail.com