You'll hear the text being selected. Move your fingers apart slowly and pause to hear the text being selected.

On 07/16/2013 07:34 AM, Robert Doc Wright wrote:
I tried using the pinch gesture in a text file in my dropbox but didn't
know what to listen for to know that I did it correctly.  What should I
hear when I do the gesture correctly?
***
   When you give unto others whether or not they give to you in return,
It   matters not for your job is  Complete  and your rewards forthcoming.

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* David Chittenden <mailto:dchitten...@gmail.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Tuesday, July 16, 2013 4:07 AM
    *Subject:* Re: Help Still Needed Selecting and Copying Text

    Actually, once you set the rotor to characters, words, or lines, use
    the pinch gesture to select some text. Once text has been selected,
    Edit usually appears in the rotor. I do this fairly regularly. In a
    few places, edit does not appear. I suspect text is copy-protected
    in these few instances.

    David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
    Email: dchitten...@gmail.com <mailto:dchitten...@gmail.com>
    Mobile: +64 21 2288 288