Hi Donna,

1. No, FourSquare is not required for BlindSquare to work.

2. I am not sure about what you said about GPS info being gathered from
other apps. I have Navigon and I guess everybody who has an iPhone 4S or 5
and upgraded to iOS 6 has Apple Maps, but I have never noticed anything
different although I can't remember if I ever had one of these apps running
as well while I was using BlindSquare.

3. BlindSquare will tell you about upcoming intersections, but there is no
information as to whether an intersection is a 4-Way or 3-Way intersection.
The Seeing Eye app is the only iOS GPS app which will give you that sort of
detail. I did read in another post a week or so ago that apparently
BlindSquare might be working on providing this information, but I have not
looked into that myself hence I can only repeat what I heard.

5. Yes, you can have Blindsquare running when you are on a bus and it will
give you cross streets, but if the bus travels quite fast it might lag
behind. It should be OK for most city busses which have frequent stops and
mostly don't build up that much speed in between. Keep in mind, though, that
your phone has to be pointing the way you are going for cross street
announcements to work properly. I find that when I am walking I get the best
results when I have my phone in my belt clip case which I can swivel so that
the phone is in landscape mode so to speak with the top of the phone
pointing the way I am going.

I can't answer Question 4 since it must be so secret that you went straight
from 3 to 5 *smile*.

If you don't necessarily require the ability to enter a route and get
turn-by-turn directions and don't want the yearly or 3-year subscription
which you have to get for the Seeing Eye app to work, then BlindSquare is in
my opinion the best app and worth every Cent. I also bought Ariadne GPS long
before I bought BlindSquare, but I find BlindSquare much better when it
comes to getting information about upcoming cross streets and it's also easy
to set your own points.