Oh, I'd agree there will be some people who will most certainly be interested. However, the over all point I was making is that I don't think whether it is locked or unlocked will make that much of a difference regarding the price point that you can ask for it. I've still got mine & have had it for 2.5 years now & it works great. I will be upgrading it soon though & plan on keeping it right here as a back up phone just encase mine gets messed up or something. So, I'm basically agreeing with your points here as well. ----- Original Message ----- From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <siegh...@live.ca>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 15, 2013 17:37
Subject: RE: 3-GS question

Hello Sean,

There are still going to be a lot of people out there who want to buy a
cheap 3GS with iOS 6 even if they can't upgrade to iOS 7. iOS 6 is a very
advanced and stabil mobile platform and a lot of people who want a backup
phone which they can put on a pay as you go plan or maybe they want a phone
to take travelling to Asia or South America where they don't want to take
their shiny new iPhone 5 or 5S to have it stolen or get mugged for it.

Of course you will not get as much for an unlocked 3GS as you did 6 or 8
months ago, but it's still going to be very sellable and I bet it will
outsell any other smartphone of the same age both in terms of what you get
for it and in terms of how easy it will be to sell it.

\Regards,