Hi Erik and all,

of course I can't offer you the opportunity to see one Esys Braille device in Toronto, but I could give some information on it derived from my direct personal experience.

EuroBraille produces different Esys models from twelve to forty KGS cells, equipped with eight dots and cursor routing.
Esys has Eight Braille rounded keys;
one spacebar and one function key;
two joysticks to the right and left side of the Braille line;
two or more thumb rotors.

The Esys display come in a very light, but solid metallic case of various sizes, according to the number of the Braille cells. It comes also with a protective soft pocket especially used for transportation and safety.
It offers Bluetooth and USB connection.
The battery could be recharged through the USB port or a USB recharger.

Esys displays have also some independent internal functions like editor, calculator, alarm clock, calendar, etc...
They mount a micro SD card up to 2GB for file and data storing.

In my opinion, the Braille reading is comfortable, whilst the writing process is sometimes less accurate due to the keyboard bad reacting. The editor's internal functions like searching text and moving to a marker slow down depending on the file size, while the other internal functions seem working well.
VoiceOver, Jaws and NVDA work very well, as expected.
The battery life is too short: no more than five or six hours per charge.
The technical service seem to be expensive and not enough fast.
The price is rather expensive too.

I hope this helps.

Mario.