Hi. I haven't looked thoroughly into this, but I just did a google search.
apparently, this is for a previous version, but someone posted on a forum that
they tried checking and then unchecking the box for manually syncing songs, and
it worked for them and another person. Odd little glitch there. I'm reluctant
to try it in my case, since i don't want to "fix what ain't broken", as it
were. but here's the link to the thread:
https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5051919?start=0&tstart=0

Teresa