Hi, I have a Windows PC with Window-Eyes and iTunes. I did the installation, activation, and registration of my 5s last week with no problems. First I did a general clean up and back up of my 4s. I had to remove several apps from the 4s and do a general clean up because it's a 64 gb capacity and I was using 40gb of it. However my iPhone 5s is 32 gb and so all my 4s data would not have fit. But that's neither here nor there <smile>. So, once you have the 4s looking like the way you want your 5s in my case, just do a full backup on iTunes, then power off your 4s. No need to remove sim cards or anything. My iPhone 5s came shipped direct from China, order was placed through the Apple Store app, and I suspect this is why. Sim card was already in there. I connected it to the PC and iTunes saw that it was a new phone. I was taken to a registration screen to confirm the cell number, and I had to put in my billing zip code and last 4 digits of ssn. I had to agree to a new 2-year term with AT&T. Then it was activated. I then was asked if I wanted to set it up as a new phone or restore from a backup. I chose to restore from a backup. it took a while, but eventually the same home screen layout, and apps and data were on the 5s with zero issues. The process was very smooth and painless. It even set up the triple home click to Voice Over, but that would have worked even if I hadn't used a backup to restore from and just started fresh.

So, you should be good to go.

--
Raul A. Gallegos
A photon checks into a hotel. When asked if he needed any help with his luggage he replied "No thanks, I'm traveling light." - Sheldon Cooper