A few corrections:

GPS stands for global positioning system
GPS signal is very weak outside. Inside a building, save when one is by a
window, or sometimes near a skylight, where enough signals can get through, the
GPS signal is nonexistent.
GPS can locate you somewhere within a 10 to 30 feet circle, but not know
exactly where in that circle you are actually located, only on a clear day with
nothing blocking the line of sight to the satellites. In a city with tall
buildings, in mountains, in canyons, in woods, and so forth, the accuracy will
almost never be that good. This is because the computer triangulates one's
location based on the time stamp of the signal and knowing which satellite is
broadcasting the signal. The computer determines one's approximate location by
the time differences between all the signals reaching the receiver. Oh, and at
least four or five different signals are necessary in order to place one's
location within a mile or so.
On a very overcast day, whilst receiving 7 signals (there are apps that will
display how many signals are being received), I had an accuracy of 7000 feet.
Yes, the app kept placing me at locations in a few different towns in the area,
and changed the location every 20 seconds or so.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone