I wish someone would put a stop to this insanity.  This is a free market,
you folks have a choice.  Pay the price, or don't use a very useful app.
Only a few people seem to understand that the developer has to pay the
people that recognize the images on a per-image basis.  Therefore, paying a
one=-time fee for the app has nothing to do with a reasonable pricing model
in this case.  It is not the same as paying for a season's access on MLB
where there are no ongoing costs once you pay for the app.

Also, I take issue with another comment about other developers taking the
blind into consideration in their image recognition program.  As far as I
can tell, that particular program requires the assistance of a sighted
person to set up a database, so this is in no way at all comparable to what
Tap Tap See is doing.

Of course, your other option is VizWiz, but it is all dependent on the type
of quality response you get and how long you are willing to wait before
getting a response from volunteers.

As economist Milton Friedman famously said "There ain't no such thing as a
free lunch".

Personally, I don't use Tap Tap See that often, so I am going to be paying
for 100 pictures because it is responsive and generally accurate.  I do hope
they can add either some checkboxes or a textbox to help us tailor the
response we get from the Terks.

Steve