I would guess that it's more likely a setting in IOS rather than a particular app. Another thing to try would be to restore to factory settings and don't restore to a recent backup. do you still see the problem? Go through and set up the phone as you would do normally, without restoring a backup, and see if or when the problem is introduced. If a sighted person says the screen looks fine then I'd guess it might have something to do with a language mismatch between IOS and VoiceOver. I'd check those settings first. I know not restoring from a backup could be painful if that resolves the problem and you can't narrow it down further but that's still better than not having a working phone.

On 11/10/2013 11:39 AM, BrianMiller wrote:
Hi Robert,

Thanks for the encouragement... So, as it happens, I did all of the things
you suggest below, including getting a whole new iPhone from the Apple Store
-- end result, same problem.  The geniuses had no ideas -- I made them
listen to what voice over was saying when it read what appears to be lines
of code and they had no suggestions beyond what we had already done.

So both our phones have been fully reset like new, and in my case I got a
brand new phone, and then I pulled down apps one at a time, being somewhat
more selective in what I chose to reload, and still I get the same issue.

Very bizarre, quite annoying, and I'm out of ideas.  How can this continue
to be a problem?  And why my phones an apparently no one else's?  It's just
weird.

Thanks for your thoughts, I appreciate that.

Brian M

-----Original Message-----
From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of ROBERT CARTER
Sent: Sunday, November 10, 2013 7:08 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: The Square root of IOS7

Hi Brian,

I agree with others that this issue has to be either a setting or more
likely a corrupted app. I would make sure that you have a backup of your
phone and restore it to the factory defaults. This would involve erasing
everything that is currently on the phone. Try using iOS 7 with no apps
installed and see if the problem is still there. Assuming that it is not, I
would then install apps one at a time. Not from a backup but by
redownloading them either through iCloud or from the app store.

It is very likely that once you have all new copies of the apps, this
problem will be gone. You will have to do this same process with your wife's
phone if it fixes things on yours.

Good luck,

Robert Carter