hi, when the black screen happen, the ipad is froze. you can pluck in to AC
Adaptor, and it will still making noise, but it is actually crash, or the ipad
is froze.
It was one of the crashes i have with my ipad mini.
I only found the problem after i upgraded to ios 7.03, and the problem continue
even after 7.04.
Went to the Genius Bar yesterday, after they run some tests, 5 minutes later, i
walk out with a brand new mini. I only wish they will replace with the mini
retina though. wink.

Sent from my iPad