Hi
yes, the iPad's battery and sound is absolutely awesome, now wish i got one earlier but finances didn't permit me back then! Plus i haven't heard or felt one until recently!

Best wishes for 2014 Chris

On 04/01/2014 14:56, Russ Kiehne wrote:
As you stated all of what I said can be done on an ipod or iphone.  The
big advantage to me is, the ipad mini has better sound than my ipod
touch.  It has better battery life than my ipod touch.  I don't have aa
iphone.

-----Original Message----- From: Christopher Chaltain
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2014 8:21 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: why an ipad mini?

I agree with what you mention below, but do you list anything here that
you can do on the iPad that you can't do on the iPhone or the iPod?

On 01/03/2014 08:42 AM, Russ Kiehne wrote:
Here's what I posted about my Ipad mini on another list:

I recently bought a refurbished ipad mini.  Here's why I like it over my
Booksense standard.  It has two speakers and they have more volume and
sound
better than the speakers in the booksense.  With the following apps,it
does
everything I've been doing with the booksense.

With the bard mobile app, I can read nls books on it.  Books can be
directly
downloaded to the ipad mini.
With the audible app, I can read books from audible.  Books can be
directly
downloaded to the ipad mini.
With the Kindle app, I can read Kindle books from Amazon.
With voice dream reader, I can read books from bookshare,  unprotected
epub
and other file types.  I use it to read multi-part mp3 audio books.
What's nice about voice dream reader, you can download books from both
bookshare
and Project Gutenberg directly to the ipad mini.  I bought the optional
neospeech voice to make it sound just like a booksense when reading any
text
based file.  Voice dream reader is supplied with Acapela.  I
can switch between Acapela and neospeech.
With the downcast app, I can download podcasts directly to the ipad
mini.  I
can subscribe and unsubscribe to podcasts right on it.

-----Original Message----- From: Ricardo Walker