Hello, Sandra.

Your points are well taken indeed.  One of my doctors routinely phones
in a report about my visit, and the speech recognition software from
which a written report is generated is, he says, first-rate.  He once
told me it never made a mistake, and I managed to suppress my
disbelief.  However, Speech recognition is getting better all the
time.  I have sometimes used silly speech patterns in an attempt to
trip up some engines and am pleasantly surprised that often, they are
on to my game.

Craig

On 2/9/14, Sandratomkins <sandratomk...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Good afternoon Craig,
> Thank you for your kind words and I must admit to feeling rather inventive
> today! You should see the storm I'm  stirring up on our local guide dog
> list!!
>
> I know what you mean about Siri slips. Some of them can be truly
> imaginative! But, often, a word such as "all" is inserted instead of the
> word "or". This can, indeed, give an impression of bad grammar. Yet, because
> the two words sound similar, it is easily overlooked when reading through
> text. I have learnt, over time, to be quite vigilant, but, nevertheless, The
> odd one still gets passed me. I will say this though, if you're lucky enough
> to have the sort of accent that Siri is expecting to understand, its
> recognition can be truly amazing! I, four example, though living in Ireland,
> I'm originally from England and my accent is the sort of BBC one. So, plummy
>  Daniel, understands me very well!
>
> Are used to be a power user of Bluetooth keyboards alongside my iPhone. Now,
> however, I rarely get them out, choosing to use Siri all the time instead.
>
> But, back to the main  point, I am envisaging the potential of the dictation
> function with a specially adapted app, and more as being useful in the
> mainstream. As I said before, students, business people, doctors clinic
> attendees, and so on, all of these people might find it very useful.
> Because, in my humble opinion, if something works well for the mainstream,
> it will be allowed to grow and improve at an exponential rate. Then, those
> people who may have much greater need of it, with  disabilities etc, may
> well find they have an excellent new tool to play with.
>
> Just my thoughts,
> Sandy
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On 9 Feb 2014, at 16:36, "BrianMiller" <brianrmille...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> On a related note, does anyone know what the maximum length of a memo one
>> can record with the built in memo recorder app on the iPhone?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Brian M

>>> Or