Dear Listers,

I've purchased the latest Prizmo 3.1.4 and installed it onto my iPhone 5C. I
thought it would be a useful application to have in order to scan and have it
read to me an occasional page of text such as a letter or a business card or a
short text that one might be given by a friend, without having to go to one's
scanner and do all the things that need to be done via the conventional scanner
route.

I've done some research on the web and through the group archive to get an idea
of how Prizmo works. Some of the official documentation is very sight oriented
so I found it useless.

I've tried to scan and recognise a page of text today and failed miserably. I
really struggle to understand how Prizmo works. I'd appreciate your help. I've
decided to use Voiceover as the voice reading the application controls and text
once it's recognised. I hold my phone over a page of text and I get some
directions from Voiceover and my phone keeps vibrating but these directions
don't make sense. At some point Voiceover said something about a text page
being detected but immediately afterwards it said that there was no page
located. I'm also confused which way to hold my iPhone as it has two cameras:
back and front. I instinctively tried to use the back camera so that I could
have the display point upwards as that's where the buttons are which I need to
tap. It all feels rather awkward to hold.

I'd appreciate any suggestions and hopefully step by step notes on how to go
about getting a result from a page of text or a business card.

Thanks in advance

Andrew