Hi All,

Just wanted to share my initial findings about iOS 7.1.  I installed it
yesterday on my iPhone 5 with no issues.  VO came up on reboot just as it
should have.  I notice three things off the bat that had really annoyed me
since the iOS 7.0 upgrade had been fixed.  They were: 1) the double "screen
locked" announcement, 2) the issue where when editing text, say in a
message or e-mail and you inadvertantly tapped somewhere in the text the
cursor would jump to that spot (very frustrating at times!).  Prior to iOS
7 when you tapped the edit field VO would read the contents.  That's now
been restored in 7.1.  Lastly, 3) 7.1 fixed a bug that incorrectly
announced some e-mail senders as being VIP when in fact they were not.  I'm
really happy to see these fixes.

I have noticed however that now with 7.1 if you have multiple alerts
displayed on the lock screen VO still  has a hard time determining how many
alerts are actually there and will incorrectly announce the number of
alerts.  It also seems that since the update if I am on the lock screen and
multiple alerts are displayed with VO reading them if I hit the power
button to turn the display off and lock the screen VO continues to read the
alerts .  This will be annoying when you want to quickly silence the phone,
say when in a meeting.

I'd be interested to hear other's findings on the update.

Todd