There are always bugs with something as complex as iOS. I used to study
programming, and there are always bugs even in the simplest programs. The real,
and only, question we should ever ask is, do the current features outweigh the
current bugs. If so, upgrade. If not, stick with the older features and older
bugs.

Also, bugs are almost never as easy to fix as non-programmers like to believe.
Most of the time, bugs are caused by completely unrelated features. When bugs
remain across generations of the software, it usually means the programmers
have not yet been able to track down the cause or causes of the bug.

Finally, bugs that only occasionally occur are not reliably reproduced. This
means, the cause is almost impossible to determine.

For these reasons, I have absolutely no patience for anyone who says any
problem / bug would be easy to fix. It is often difficult for me not to start
ridiculing any person who starts making such ridiculous assertions.

Anyone who actually wants to see bugs / problems get fixed must clearly,
concisely, and unemotionally, write down the specific steps that cause the bug
/ problem to occur, preferably every time. The more emotional the letter, the
less helpful it is for tracking down the problem / bug.

In this particular case, somebody else suggested turning down the volume of
Siri for the person who was experiencing VO going loud. As my Siri volume is
lower than my VO volume, this most likely means the Siri volume is grabbing /
superseding the VO volume whilst Siri is active. Therefore, in my case,
increasing Siri volume corrected the issue for me. My bug report on this matter
merely states, The Siri volume on my iPhone 5 appears to take priority over my
VoiceOver volume for a short time after I use Siri.

David Chittenden, MSc, MRCAA
Email: dchitten...@gmail.com
Mobile: +64 21 2288 288
Sent from my iPhone