Hi Lori,
Congratulations on getting started with Prizmo and your stand scan. Now, as
regards positioning the phone: did you receive the special stickers that come
with the stand Scan pro bundle? If so, the trick is to position the phone
perfectly once, either using your own vision or with the help of a friend,
then, when the phone is in the optimum position, put the stickers around it so
that in future you merely have to drop the phone into place. This will save you
a lot of frustration in the future. Assuming you are right handed, your phone
should be positioned so that the camera is over the little round hole in the
centre of the top of your stand scan. The side of the phone, the one that has
the volume controls along it, should run parallel to the front of your stand
ScanPro. Perhaps, about three quarter of an inch/2 cm away from the front edge.
It is important that your phone is absolutely square with the top of the stand
ScanPro. What I think is confusing you are the prompts given by Prizmo. These
prompts can be useful when you are using Prizmo in freehand mode. But once you
have your phone properly positioned on the top of the stand Scan, you can
ignore these prompts entirely. Indeed, what Prizmo tells you it can see is
almost irrelevant when you're using the standard scan pro. Now, if you are in
"quick Capture" mode, and everything is in place, your phone, your text, Touch
the screen just above the home button and you should hear "take picture".
Double tap it. Then, all you need to do, is wait! Do not double tap the done
button. Leave Prizmo to recognise the text and it will tell you when the text
is recognised. Then, a two finger flick up will read you  the whole of the
screen. If you wish to go back to the camera mode, then you may press the done
button. Otherwise, should you choose to save your text, there are various ways
to do this, but I suggest you master the capturing of text first.

So, to recapitulate, The most important thing you need to do is position your
phone, either independently or with help, stick the stickers in place, and
start practising.

Happy scanning,
Sandy

Sent from my iPhone