Hello Rena,

Generally speaking, Siri is unavailable during Apple server maintenance or
updates.  Again, generally speaking, the outages don't last very long
although I suppose it depends on one's perspective.

On occasion, after the maintenance has been completed, your copy of Siri
will not be logged back into the system correctly.

Therefore, if you want to make certain that you are connected to the Siri
servers after any outages and you feel you have waited an appropriate amount
of time, for example two hours or so, do the following:

1.
>From the Launch Pad, select Settings.

2.
Select General.

3.
Select Siri.

4.
Double-Tap the Siri "On" button.

5.
Double Tap the resulting "Disable" Siri button.  This will log you out of
the system.

6.
Double-Tap the Siri "Off" button.  You will be prompted to confirm that you
want to activate Siri.

7.
Finally, try using Siri.  If everything is back up and running on the
back-end of the system, you will be back in business.

Good Luck,

Mark