If you have your current device backed up with iCloud, this process will be
very easy. Assuming you have it backed up, start your new device. If it doesn't
come up with a welcome screen, you will have to reset it from settings. If it
behaves like a new device, you can restore from an iCloud backup.

I don't know of other ways to transfer apps besides the iCloud method or the
iTunes method.

hth,
teresa

"Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough."--Richard P. Feynman