Raul A. Gallegos
Parallel lines have so much in common. It's a shame that they'll never meet. - Sheldon Cooper
Twitter and Facebook user ID: rau47

On 4/28/2014 8:14 AM, goshawk on horseback wrote:
I'm relatively sure that I do have it backed up, but I will probably
make double sure before the new phone arrives, as this does sound the
easiest way of doing it, thanks.
Simon

    ----- Original Message -----
    *From:* Teresa Cochran <mailto:batsfly...@me.com>
    *To:* viphone@googlegroups.com <mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com>
    *Sent:* Monday, April 28, 2014 1:51 PM
    *Subject:* Re: transfering stuff between iPhones?

    If you have your current device backed up with iCloud, this process
    will be very easy. Assuming you have it backed up, start your new
    device. If it doesn't come up with a welcome screen, you will have
    to reset it from settings. If it behaves like a new device, you can
    restore from an iCloud backup.

    I don't know of other ways to transfer apps besides the iCloud
    method or the iTunes method.

    hth,
    teresa

    "Everything is interesting if you go into it deeply enough."--Richard
    P. Feynman

    On Apr 28, 2014, at 5:40 AM, goshawk on horseback
    <goshawk_on_horseb...@fastmail.co.uk
    <mailto:goshawk_on_horseb...@fastmail.co.uk>> wrote:

    hello all,
    sorry for asking, as this has probably been covered at some time,
    but I have been offered a good deal on an iPhone 5S upgrade, and
    am tempted to take it. what I would like to know however, is how
    easy is it to transfer contacts, apps music, videos, tones etc.
    from one iPhone to another? I'm currently using a 4s.
    I will not be using iTunes, as I have never been able to get that
    to work properly for me, so am looking for ways that do not use
    iTunes only please. my main concern is my apps, as I have a lot of
    them, and have them in various folders, so is there a way of
    transferring that setting across, so that my folder structure also
    goes on to the new iPhone, rather than just the apps alone, which
    means that I have to then sort them all out again? as with all of
    the apps I have, that would be a very big job, and one that I
    would not look forward to.
    Simon

    --
    The following information is important for all members of the
    viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by